Policies at Gabrielle Johnson Music
- Term classes are a commitment of 9 weeks on a specific start and end date that run during school terms.
- No refunds are given once term classes commence.
- Please check your calendars and plans carefully before agreeing to commit to a term with us.
- Part-term payments are not available.
- A full refund will be given if a class does not go ahead and there's no suitable replacement class.
Bookings and make-up lessons
- Students are given first priority to re-book their term spot but must do so by the due date.
- Due dates are notified before the end of each term to book for next term.
- After the due date, all class spots are open for anyone to book.
- Class spots are confirmed by your term payment only - a verbal request will not secure your spot.
- Make-up classes are possible if a similar group class or free private spot available.
- You may transfer to a different group class to the same value if your current class no longer suits you and there is a vacancy.
Commitment to Home Practice
- Home practice is a requirement of learning a new skill and will be expected each week.
- This website has a dedicated page for both vocal and guitar practice and is a great resource!
- Lesson notes will be emailed with reminders on what each student should be practising each week.
- We encourage parents and students to discuss a home practice routine together - much like school homework.
- My YouTube Channel has many video tutorials and playlists that will relate to their lessons.
Solos and Performances
- All group students will have an end of term class recital which usually occur at their final class.
- Recitals are difficult for private students as they don't all meet at the same time
- Private students are invited to participate in the whole school concert along with the group students.
- Parents are very welcome to sit in on their first and final class of term.
- We encourage our students to perform in community events and are always on the lookout for ways to showcase their talents!
Thank you for taking the time to read our policies.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on 0421 912 299.